Friday, May 6, 2011

Wood family happenings...

Elisha (my older brother), and I are learning a new song on the piano together. We are quite excited! It is from the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack. We are learning the song Georgiana and hope to learn a few more from the soundtrack. It is such a lovely song and the movie is quite good too!


As many of you know, my papa is a truck driver and hauls for Azure Standard. My mother has been helping my papa with his business and has started a page for Azure Standard to teach others how to use Azure's products. My mother works very hard but this isn't a job that can be done by just one person so she has 'hired' soon to be sister-in-law, Miranda, my older sister, Bekah, and I to help her. Momma, Bekah and I have been working on a little surprise for everyone on our page and we can't wait to share! We are working as fast as we can because we are simply horrible at keeping secrets. ;-) I will make sure to blog and tell you all when the surprise is finished and ready for you all.


We planted a few different herbs yesterday and I am excited to see how they grow. The goats are all lustfully looking at them and dreaming of ways to escape from their pens... I do not know why they find my 'weeds' any better that their weeds. I think they just enjoy seeing me replant all the herbs they tore out.


The picture above of that old rusty plow, is actually the same plow my great grandpa used. We also have the wheels to the wagon he used to go from Oklahoma to California. I am just so happy that we have been able to keep part of our heritage. My papa is going to rebuild the wagon and I am hoping to teach one of my horses to pull that plow. I will probably use Sugar to pull the plow unless I decide that I want all of Kansas plowed (in other words Miracle wouldn't be the best horse for the job)...

Miracle and Sugar are also getting their first hoof trimming since winter started.... Miracle is not thrilled about the farrier but Sugar could care less so I am about to go prepare Miracle for his trimming. He is a very smart horse and has a huge heart but he has his own ideas at times and hoof trimming day is normally one of those times. ;-) I am very thankful that I have been blessed with such a great farrier and deep down, Miracle likes him too.


Miracle is calling and I best be going...

Until our next chat...

Beth Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment