Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Daughter of the King

Beth JoyMy mother has always called me a Princess of the most High. When I was little I thought that simply meant that I was pretty, that I could wear all the big pink and purple dresses that I wanted and do whatever I wanted. Then when I grew older, I forgot who I was. I stopped believing that I was a Princess (surely it was just what my mother said to make me happy). Well to Satan’s great dismay, I caught sight of who I was and what I could be again. I am glad to say that I know who I am today. I AM a Princess of the most High King. But, what does a princess do? Does she have servants? big puffy dresses? and not a care in the world?                No, she is the one being a servant. She speaks kindly even to those who ridicule her. She is always at her post, watching, keeping guard, les Satan should show his face again in attempt to steal what is hers. She works diligently with her hands, quickly and skillfully preparing food and clothing for her family. She helps her father and mother with task around the house. She does not grumble at work but is joyful to serve. My friends, have you forgotten who you are?                                                                               

You are princes and princesses of the most High King. Do you know how it breaks His heart to see you accept the lies of the devil? Yet, his grace is strong enough to uphold all of us. Remember this today, He loves you.                                                  

Until our next chat,

Beth Joy

2 comments:

  1. Oh Beth Joy, you are so right! Its such a blessing to be a princess of the King of Kings!!! A daughter serving her King! What a blessing that you realize that serving your parents and family are ways to serve your heavenly Father. :D

    Your reminder to keep watch in order to not allow Satan to seep back in is an important one. Great wisdom!

    Thank you for sharing a glimpse into your personal testimony, today.

    Blessings to you on your journey in growing as a princess in the Kingdom of God!

    Building Home with Him,

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks..I am so glad God gave me my momma and papa! They have always told me I was their Princess... and taught me what it meant too. :-)

    ReplyDelete