Thursday, June 7, 2012

Training: Marathon, Horses, Puppies..Oh my!

Well it seems as if the theme for this season of my life is training. Training for a marathon, training big horses and little horses, training puppies, and most of all training my heart. So, to update you all on the different trainings I am doing right now I thought I'd just put it all on this ol' blog.

First we'll start with the marathon training. So far so good. Its slow going but I am getting faster and running longer. Its not the easiest thing I have ever done but my mother recently told me," nothing good that is actually lasting comes easily. Its hard but its good."

My crazy fun running shoes ;-)


Now for the horses...ah where do I start? Miracle is growing to be a mature lad and is becoming the faithful mount that I need. Of course, he still has that fire in him that makes him so special to me. I rode him the other night and it was great. He kept calm and did well however, at the end of the ride his bit came undone and I now need to repair it. So thats something I'll do later this weekend.
Promise is...well... She is "Rebel's Promise", her full name lived to the fullest! She is just a little toddler and likes her fits and showing me the bottom of her hooves a little too often. haha! She has actually gotten better on that. She is beautiful, sweet (believe it or not), and so smart! We worked with tarps and garbage blowing in the wind the other day and she loved it. She didn't spook a bit!


Now for the puppy. ah, well.. she is a puppy alright! She loves to chew on shoes, eat anything within reach, she has the attention span of a gold fish, and she loves to nibble at my feet! It is quite funny! Currently I am taking her outside every 30 minutes for 10 minutes at least, teaching her to stay on her bed for "bed time", teaching her to "kennel up", teaching her to sit, "leave it", and go potty OUTSIDE. haha! I think I have my work cut out for me. On the bright side, she is the cutest dog ever, is very smart, and she sleeps in really cute posistions! haha...
Hahahaha...this makes me laugh every time!


Now for heart training. Bible study is good. Making new habits every day and enjoying my time with the Lord a little more each time I open my Bible. I always enjoy reading...everythng from the Bible to commentaries, how-to books, and fiction. My mother got me a book called "It's (not that) Complicated" by the Botkin sisters... It has been such a blessing already. I have been reading it with my Bible study each evening. The only thing I don't like is that every book has its ending and I'll have to find another good book pretty soon. Ha! Its really good though. I would recomend it to any young girl or parents with daughters.
Have a blessed evening friends!
To God be the Glory.
Bethany Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment