Monday, June 4, 2012

Service Dog Training: Chloe - Day One

We brought Chloe home today! Oh what a joy she is. I was slightly concerned that she would pick favorites and not care for Danny in the way that I hoped for but I was pleasantly surprised today. As soon as she was put in the car she crawled over to Danny's car seat and put her head in his lap. The entire ride home all she wanted to do was lick Danny or sleep in his lap. When we brought her home she was slightly shy and uncertain but warmed up quickly. For the past few hours she has been running around licking toes, stealing shoes, and pulling my hair (she thinks its a tug-a-rope). Currently she is 8 weeks old and I can't teach her a whole lot. Right now the training plan is to teach her the boundries (not to leave the yard), and crate training her. We will work on sitting, staying, fetching objects as she grows. I am excited to see what the future holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment