Sunday, July 24, 2011

Horse Training…Again…

018 (2)Horses are herd animals. They know there is safety in numbers and they naturally just want companionship. Horse training is quite a interesting process. There are the days when you both feel like you could win the World Championship and there are days when you would just like to throw in the towel. There are days when riding comes natural and there are days when you find yourself sitting in the dust wondering if you should bother getting back on.

Miracle and I are doing some Clinton Anderson/Bethany Wood horse training program. This one is better than just Clinton Anderson for two reasons, 1. I throw out everything I don’t want to do and 2. because I really like my ideas… Hahaha… well that is less than true but I have learned that one horse is normally completely different than the next so I kind of change things around a little bit to fit Miracle best.

Three things to remember while training…

1. Be Confident! I know who my God is and so does my horse so he can’t get away with anything.

2. Have fun with it. I can make this into a power struggle (not a good idea because he weights roughly 1400 lbs more than me) or I can choose to learn from what is going on and fix it.

3. Never let someone tell you that you can’t do it. Here I am 16 years old, training a horse that grown adults were afraid of. Now he is this beautiful, rather wonderful, kind and loving horse (that just happens to have outburst of energy).

So there is a little more on Miracle and my training. He is getting better each day and I am learning to LOVE  it.

To God be the glory.

Beth Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment