Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy Birthday: Elisha


Today is Elisha's 19th birthday! What a wonderful day. 19 years ago today there was a battle for my dear brother's life. The battle that still rages but in a much less seen way now. Born a preemie, the doctors had little hope for him and they told my parents to start planning his funeral. Little did those doctors know, God had a plan for that little boy. Months of prayer and fighting for their little boy's life my parents were finally able to bring their little boy home. That little boy is grown now. Everyone who knows him also knows of his love and desire for God. Growing up with Elisha has been such a blessing. I have learned so much from him over the years and I continue to learn from his example. He is a wise son. The son that the Bible talks of in Proverbs (Proverbs 10:1 A wise son maketh a glad father.) I remember being a little girl and listening to Elisha tell me something about science (we were probably only 8 or so) and I remember thinking "God, I want my husband to be EXACTLY like him...". The funny thing is, I still want that. I thank God for giving me a brother like Elisha quite often and I pray for the woman God has created for him. I see God working in Elisha and I pray the Lord continues to do so for him and his someday wife.
Today, I am simply thankful the Lord allowed my big brother to live and excited to see what the future holds.

2 comments:

  1. Brothers are a blessing from the Lord. Mine helped to mold me into the person I am today!

    ReplyDelete